21 of our best picks from the ASQ resource library
Over the years we’ve built an impressive collection of resources in our ASQ® resource library all designed to help administrators, staff, trainers, and families make the most of the screening experience.
With so much to choose from, how do you find ones that work for your program’s needs? You can filter by topic or type, of course. Or, for a quicker start, read and save this handy list of 21 essential resources.
(Everything is free, but some links require a quick registration to the ASQ website.)
1. Developmental Screening Toolkit
For ASQ®-3 users—tips for screening, engaging with families, and boosting child development.
2. Social-Emotional Screening Toolkit
For ASQ®:SE-2 users—tip sheets, handouts, and activities to involve families and boost social-emotional development.
3. ASQ Intervention Activities
Activity ideas to suit every age interval in the ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2 screening tools. Available in English, Spanish, and French.
4. Helping Parents Complete ASQ E-book
Downloadable e-book with tips to help professionals use ASQ effectively with parents.
5. Screening and Assessment in Early Childhood Settings Infographic
Understand the differences between screening and assessment in early childhood settings.
6. 2020 ASQ Institute justification handout 6. Four common ASQ screening mistakes and how to avoid them
Easy tips on how to avoid four common screening mistakes that even seasoned ASQ users run into.
7. ASQ Parent Activities
Fun and easy ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2 activities to help parents support their child’s development. Also available in Spanish.
8. 7 Behavioral Areas of ASQ:SE-2 Infographic
Defines each behavioral area on the ASQ:SE-2, and provides an example from the questionnaires.
9. Successfully screening children who don’t come from English-speaking families
Two-part article with tips and resources for conducting a successful bilingual screening.
10. Your Top ASQ:SE-2 Questions Answered
Do you need to adjust a child’s age for prematurity? Is ASQ:SE-2 an autism screener? Get answers to these and other FAQs.
11. Sharing screening results
Tip sheets on how to prepare for parent discussions and share ASQ results. Also available in Spanish.
12. All about developmental and social-emotional screening handouts
Handouts answering the ‘what’ and ‘why’ about the importance of developmental screening for parents and caregivers.
13. Social-Emotional Development in Young Children newsletter article
Article on how social-emotional screening and early identification can help children manage emotions and social interactions.
14. Helping parents understand the benefits of developmental screening
Article detailing the things parents should know about screening before you send them a questionnaire.
15. ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2 parent conference forms
Forms to help guide your conversation with parents. ASQ-3 forms are also available in Spanish, Arabic, Chinese (Traditional & Simplified), French, and Vietnamese. ASQ:SE-2 forms are also available in Spanish and French.
16. How to use ASQ Learning Activities to support child development
Article about how you can help parents support their child’s developmental needs using two essential resources.
17. ASQ:SE-2 Social-Emotional Development Guide
Colorful guide outlining a dozen or more important milestones for each ASQ:SE-2 age range.
18. ASQ Scoring Help
Tips to help you accurately score ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2. Also available in Spanish.
19. ASQ Referral Tips
List of potential follow-up actions for when scores are in the monitoring zone, below the cutoff for ASQ-3, or above the cutoff for ASQ:SE-2.
20. Introduction presentations to ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2
Comprehensive overviews of ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2, with information on benefits, scoring, and technical data. Also available in Spanish.
21. ASQ-3 and ASQ:SE-2 sample questionnaires
Samples of completed questionnaires. ASQ-3 samples are also available in Spanish, Arabic, Chinese (Traditional & Simplified), French, and Vietnamese. ASQ:SE-2 samples are also available in Spanish and French.
Looking for more ASQ resources? Visit our resource library today!