Promoting Optimal Development: Screening for Behavioral and Emotional Problems
This clinical report from the AAP focuses on the need to increase behavioral screening and offers potential changes in practice and the health system, as well as the research needed to accomplish this.
This report also:
- reviews the prevalence of behavioral and emotional disorders
- factors affecting the emergence of behavioral and emotional problems
- the current state of detection of these problems in pediatric primary care
- barriers to screening and means to overcome those barriers
- potential changes at a practice and systems level that are needed to facilitate successful behavioral and emotional screening.